Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ah....children

Children. The ultimate daily challenge of one's patience and sanity.

Today is one of three days where we have scheduled things to do. We do things on other days, these days just have regularly planned activities. Today it was the gym for me and gymnastics for her (well, duh, I guess it'd be quite hillarious the other way around). Anyway, as I am getting myself ready, I tell Mac she needs to get dressed as well.

The rule is she is allowed to watch tv while getting dressed as long as she does the getting dressed part. I finish and walk into the room where instead of getting dressed, she is doing some five-year-old part roll/part climb on the couch. In her panties. In twenty minutes, this is all she has managed to accomplish. So, off goes the tv, out comes the screams - because apparently turning off the television in the middle of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is something akin to severing a limb.

Needless to say, we made it to the gym but not to gymnastics. Only because afer that meltdown, I needed some stress release.

2 comments:

  1. I remember my mom used to let me keep the tv on while I got ready too... with the same exact result. I wasn't allowed to have a tv in my room until well into my teen years for that very reason LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea....that was our house too - and we had to cut out the tv until he was ready for school...Many mornings we would come down to see him with a bite of waffle mid air, mouth hanging open, eyes fixed on the tv....

    And the motto of the house - don't screw with mama's schedule...

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!