Saturday, February 7, 2009

Hockey Mom, part 2

Several years ago my son played hockey for about two years. While he mostly played inline, he did play one season of ice. The cost to play ice hockey here is outrageous! He has since moved on (and through) fencing, football, and is currently involved with the ROTC program at his high school.

I figured my days of being a hockey mom were behind me. This saddened me because out of all the various sports the kids have been involved with, I think I enjoyed watching hockey the most. However, with him being involved with other types of activities, and the youngest being a girl, I knew my chances were extremely slim.

Then, last weekend, all of us went to watch our local hockey team. This was the first game we'd attended in about 4 years.

Now, it seems the hockey bug has bitten not only my son, but my youngest daughter, also.

It is too late for either to play this spring, but it's possible by the summer, I could have two hockey players!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!