Saturday, January 2, 2010

Day #2 of 365 Photo Challenge


This is the types of picture I usually enjoy taking - nature or macro and this is both.
The great thing about photographing nature is nature doesn't care how the picture turns out. This branch never asked me if the snow made her look fat. The branch didn't fidget or fuss as I took several minutes to take several different photos, testing out different apertures, lenses, and filters.
A little bit about this photo. The branch is from one of the Bradford pear trees in our front yard. Last night, dense fog rolled in and this morning everything was covered in a frosty glaze. Just beautiful!! I cropped the photo to what you see here, and brightened it just a bit in PSP X, then added the border and signature. I prefer to do the least amount of post-production editing I can get away with...it's not as enjoyable to fix a picture as it is to take a picture.

Nature accepts itself for what it is...beauty made by God. Wouldn't it be a great place if we all could learn to see the beauty in our own uniqueness?

One thing I would like to eventually do is combine photographs with inspirational quotes and Bible verses. Just playing around with ideas...

Finally, if you didn't already know, you can click the pictures to see them in "full view".

5 comments:

  1. That picture is really beautiful.

    ~H

    ReplyDelete
  2. You, my friend are so amazingly talented..... Gorgeous!

    Sausage Pimp :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photo! I like that you can see the chunks of ice crystals- it's not just a distant ice photo where the ice looks all smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! I Love this pic T! And I love your 'hidden' lesson about accepting yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!