Friday, January 1, 2010

Day #1 of 365 Photo Challenge

I would love to think that I am off to a great start with this photo challenge. However, it is only day one, and I do have a slight tendency to lack follow-through. The heart is willing to go the full 365. The mind is sometimes lazy, and I hope I last longer than one week! Encouragement is always welcome.

So, here it is...day one. Thanks to a bored 15 yr. old who was so desperate to just get out of the house he suggested, "let's just go drive around", we loaded up the car, drove to Sonic for drink treats (a reward for the 6 yr. old who went along somewhat willingly), and drove around town. Our first stop was our newly rebuilt church. The old one burned down a couple of years ago, and the new one is just amazing. The outside brick work, and the inside detail of the sanctuary are just gorgeous.

After taking a few pictures of our church, we headed downtown to look at some of the older, more historical churches in town. This is a Presbyterian church - I should have written down the year it was built - and as usual, my picture doesn't do it justice.

I am working my way through a professional photography course and I have SO much to learn. But, I have found that after a few months and the beginning lessons, my knowledge and output have increased substantially! My goals for completing the 365 Challenge are:

  • Follow a project through to the end
  • Practice both writing and photography
  • Be able to look back a year from now and hopefully see marked improvement in both my writing and photography

Thank you for following along!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!