Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day #3 of 365 Photo Challenge



Since I focused on macro shots yesterday, today I went out to the edge of the city limits to work on some hyperfocus shots.


This is a West Texas sunset. I took this about 6 p.m. this evening, just as the sun passed below the horizon. The dark strip along the bottom of the photo is the horizon, the flat land around the panhandle of Texas.


There are many photography groups doing variations of the 365 Photo Challenge. For personal reasons, I have opted to do my own thing versus participating in a structured format. Mainly, I like to do my own thing and for my own reasons. Plus, I can set my own guidelines. For this challenge, my rules are fairly simple. I will only post pictures that I take that day. No cheating and posting pictures I took a year ago. While I do have some really great pictures I'd love to show, the purpose of this challenge is to watch my progress as I work through the Professional Photography course during the upcoming year. Also, the only way to improve is practice. My only other rule is to keep the post-processing to the absolute minimum. I will do some editing as needed, but I'm not going to totally change a picture. What you see is pretty much what I photographed.

2 comments:

  1. I love that you are blogging again!

    And I love your pics so far. I would love to take a class and take better pics! I will check your photos everyday. I think I might take on the challenge myself, but with my kids. I am so bad about taking their pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics!love how it looks as if the sky is on fire!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!