Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day #5 of 365 Challenge



This is our cat. As you can see, she is praying to her god, the heater vent. She doesn't like being cold, and she has figured out that heat comes out right here.

I have had a pet of some kind in my life ever since I was little. I've had dogs, cats, even gerbils. I've had dogs hang their heads out windows, cats hat snuggle under blankets. But this cat does two things that are just odd. Even for a cat.

She knows when the heater comes on, too. Usually about 2-3 minutes after it turns on, she will run up the stairs and jump up on the banister. And sit there. Face into the heat.

When we have a fire burning in the fireplace, she will lay, either on the hearth or on the floor in front of the hearth, on her back belly-up like dogs do.





My lack of sleep the past two night is the reason for a really boring picture tonight. That, and my original attempt bombed. I tried to take some night shots of our little solar snowmen lights that we still have in the front yard. But, it is cold. Couple that with being tired and having no patience to mess with apertures, f-stops, etc. and you end up with pictures of your cat staring at the air vent.

Ta-dah!




2 comments:

  1. It might not be a photo of what you originally planned, but it's still fun. I know a couple of odd cats so weird cat stories and quirks are always fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, I like stories behind pictures. that is one fun cat! such a smarty pants about the heater.

    when zeus was alive, he would lay on his back with feet in the air too. he did it more often when he was younger and less afraid that a kid might come around the corner. i loved that position. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!