Sunday, April 26, 2009

On a Mission


For those who don't already know, I live in the panhandle of Texas. The area is also part of a larger place commonly known as "Tornado Alley". Each year, weather geeks descend upon our area of the country in hopes of chasing big storms and possibly catching a glimpse of a tornado. In fact, the Discovery Channel even has a show called "Storm Chasers". I love this show!

Well, today while driving my son over to his dad's house, my husband calls. Apparently one of his fellow deputies told my husband that he had seen the TIV here earlier today. If you don't watch the show, the TIV is a Tornado Intercept Vehicle, and it's just freakin' cool looking (that's it in the picture, but not a picture I took). And my husband, knowing how much I love the show, had to tell me that it had been here in town. Like less than 5 miles from my house.

Since hours had gone by since it was spotted, I know it's too late to go find it. So, on a whim, I check online at the Discovery Channel site. Probably not a good thing. Because now I know I can track the vehicles. Live.

So, I have a mission. A goal, if you will. I want to get a real picture of the TIV sometime during this tornado season.

Like my husband said when I told him this a few minutes ago...everyone has to have a hobby, I guess!

3 comments:

  1. That's really cool. I wish you luck in your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - so if you have clouds and dark skies and THEN someone calls and tells you they see the TIV close to your house - NOT so good, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SJ - Yea...definitely NOT a good thing!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!