Sunday, April 26, 2009

Writing prompt response

This writing prompt is from MJ, the Blogger Extraordinaire and organizer of the PWO blog-a-thon.

Writing Prompt: Everyone has a bit of nerd in them. Tell us the nerdiest thing about yourself.

I am a total book nerd. I'll read anything. I get a rush from being in a bookstore or a library. Every now and the, I get the opportunity to visit a "real" bookstore. You know the kind. Locally owned, been at the same location for decades, and it just smells like old books inside. They usually sell new and used books. It doesn't smell or feel sterile like the big name bookstores. We have one here and there is no way that place makes money - it must be threre because the owner just loves books.

That's what I'd love to do. Own a bookstore like that. I'd sell old and new books, and coffee because I can't live without it, and my photographs.

Yea. I'm a total nerd.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong with being a book nerd....I got an allowance when I was younger for doing chores and stuff, and so did my sisters....my sisters always wanted to go to the mall or something to spend theirs....me, I wanted to go to the bookstore...I used to read on the back of my dad's motorcycle going down the road too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds perfect. We don't have any old bookstores like that here anymore. I remember we had one once, and mom used to always take me in there to get my required reading books for school.

    We were broke people, so I always got them used. But I love used books so much more. Then I don't have to feel bad about breaking the spine.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!