Sunday, April 26, 2009

Spending time with my son

I have had to divide my time between the blog-a-thon and my family. It happened that the same weekend that we had the blog-a-thon planned was also the same weekend the husband would return from his week at sniper training and my son would be here over the weekend. So, like most moms, I have to divide myself between two equally important but vastly different priorities.

One of the things that bothers my son is that I spend a lot of time on my computer. I really do but not all of my time is spent online. I write. I edit photos. I work on web updates for the site. And, yes, I also socialize. But regardless of what I'm doing while on the computer, I'm not spending time with him. Until yesterday I didn't realize it was an issue. I figured he was texting most of the time anyway so he probably didn't want to spend time with me.

But, he does. And now I know this.

So, tonight we watched a movie. I'll admit - he baited me a bit. He said, how about we watch Twilight, because I haven't seen it yet.

Oh yea. I'm in. I made popcorn, we watched the movie. I didn't get up once to come make a post. And at the end, he said "That was much better than I thought it'd be."

I know, son. On all accounts. It was really awesome, and I'm glad I chose that priority.

1 comment:

  1. :) I'm glad you did too.

    Everyone needs their priorities. And there should be no "ifs ands or butts" about them.

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!