Saturday, April 25, 2009

Role of PWO

Police Wives Online was launched in April of 2004, so this year marked the fifth anniversary of the site. A lot has changed since the initial site. Cat, the founder, stepped down, and we are actively working towards gaining non-profit status.

I found PWO in the summer of 2004. My husband had been on patrol for about a year and a half, we had a daughter who was almost a year old, and I was in need of some adult conversation with people who could understand this life of being married to a cop. I honestly didn't expect to find anything when I did a google search. I was amazed when I signed onto the forums. These women knew exactly what I was talking about!

I made some wonderful friends over the years - some were long term, some have come and gone, but each are cherished. Yes, even the ones that didn't work out so well. I still consider these women to be sisters because we still share a common bond, and if God forbid something ever happened to any of their husbands, I'd be the first to extend a heartfelt hand in sorrow. I'd like to think that if tables were turned, they'd do the same.

Police Wives Online is a special place where bonds are formed, friendships are made, and support is given. We have come so far in five years but we have lofty goals for the future. Please, help us with our goal of raising $1000 during this blog-a-thon. Even if you can only give a dollar, every bit helps. And if you can't give, spread the word.

Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for running PWO for us! You do a fantastic job every day and I can't wait to see what new things are planned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found PWO about a month after it was started. My husband had been an officer for just over 4 years. I was looking for help with support and understanding of his career... I found that and some of the best friends of my life... Many thanks to Cat, "T", and all those that been part of creating a very strong support group, not only nation wide, we have members from other areas of the world.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks T for everything you do on the site. I have made some wonderful life long friendships and ladies who understand what it is like to be a police wife and for that I will always be grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!