Sunday, April 26, 2009

Through a child's eyes

This is a story the husband just shared with me. I thought it cute enough to share with you.

Last week, while the husband was away as sniper training, I bought Little Miss a set of police gear she found in the toy section of Walmart. During his absence, part of her writing assignment consisted of writing letters to Daddy. After we bought the police gear, she wrote him a letter. It read:

Dear Daddy,
When you get home, will you play police stuff with me?

Earlier today, she took him upstairs to show him all of her new things. As she is showing him, she is telling him what each thing is. This is my handcuffs, and the keys really work! This is my helmet. These are my radios and they work, too! Then she holds up the police baton - the old style with the hand grip. She couldn't remember what it was called, but she remember it started with a "b" sound and was used to strike at someone. Finally she says, and this is my basher.

I guess that's one way of looking at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!