Sunday, April 26, 2009

Reflecting

It was a gorgeous day here today. Mid-80's with a ligh wind. Bright, sunny. Just a perfect day.

And while we were driving out to the shooting range, I notice many people enjoying the day while riding motorcycles, and I felt envious.

You see, one of the things I really enjoyed doing when I was a teenager and in my twenties was riding. I had many male friends with motorcycles so there was always someone available to catch a ride with on days like today.

However, the husband doesn't ride. And after becoming a cop and working so many fatalities involving motorcycles, he refuses to ride. And me being a married woman, the opportunites of having male friends who DO ride are few.

I respect his need for caution. But I'm still a little envious.

I miss riding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think!